- Antioxidant, Like tomatoes, it is high is lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that is protective against many degenerative diseases and cancers. Also protect the skin from sun damage, pollution and the effects of aging.
- Anti infiammatory – Asparagus contains a number of anti-inflammatory compounds that protect you from type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
- Eyes health
- Reduce cholesterol
- Diuretic and Laxative
- Digestive – Asparagus is a good source of fiber and protein, both essential for good digestion and immunity.
- Healthy blood – Vitamin K is excellent for healthy blood clotting and strengthening bones.
- Sugar blood – asparagus is a rich source of B vitamins, which are known to regulate blood sugar levels.
- Reduce risk of colon cancer – Asparagus contains a unique carb called inulin, which remains undigested until it reaches the large intestine, where it helps to absorb nutrients better, and cut the risk of colon cancer.